3.25.2008

Easter at our home

Welcome to our home for Easter. Baskets with treats for our guests.
The grandkids loved sitting at their own tables. The moms and dads loved it too :) .

Everyone laughed that I took this picture, but I think dinner was beautiful. The only thing missing is Becton & Jenni's barbequed ribs. In the center are my mom's Potatoes Romanoff (to die for-or save room for).

Potatoes Romanoff

5 cups peeled, diced, boiled potatoes (salt while boiling)

1/4 cup minced onion, sauteed in 2 Tbl. butter

2 cups cottage cheese

1 cup sour cream

1/2 tsp. fresh ground garlic

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

2-3 cups grated orange cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients except cheese. Spread into a 9x13 buttered casserole. Cover with the cheese (I like a lot). Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. This is similar to a knock-off potato dish that uses cream of chicken soup, but this is the real deal.

After Eric gave a presentation about the Savior (since that's what this is really all about), Bryn organized Bunny Basket making . . .

. . . and Carrie and Jenni helped out.

Jayden's Bunny Basket - the first one done.

Lining up for the Easter egg hunt - youngest to oldest . . .

. . . and Maci's off and hunting.

Cambry was thrilled with her find. (Some children are so easy.)

It was a wonderful Easter. I think some new traditions may have been started this year. Most enjoyable for me was that though I didn't ask (I wanted the moms to have a day off) everyone offered their ideas, food and help. I relaxed and enjoyed the company. I hope that's a tradition that here to stay.

4 comments:

ty and megs said...

what a fun day! the grandkids all look so cute in their pastels.

Melynn said...

That really was a fun day. I really like your apron post too. It made me want to make an apron.

the mama monster said...

those potatoes look so yummy!

aimee ferre said...

Becky...your entries are priceless. I love to see what you do with your family. They are so blessed to have a mom with holiday OCD, (wink wink). I love you and your "home" ways!